The ‘Making a Big Splash for a Sustainable Future’ summit report is now available. Get it here.
Back in January, 45 urban water experts have met in Copenhagen to identify the toughest water challenges that cities are facing right now and to initiate a research framework that could further contribute to ensuring future sustainability.
You will get insights into crucial challenges and their corresponding solution explorations:
- Water quantity: fit-for-purpose water for 10 billion people
- Micropollutant removal by biological systems
- Limited recovery of resources
- Capturing multiple ‘wanted’ resources to create a circular economy
- Managing ‘unwanted’ substances to enable a circular economy
- Sustainable development of megacities