The topic of this BLUE café is about climate adaptation and integrated flood risk management.
You will learn about a new web-based tool FloodRisk, democratizing DHI’s advanced 1D/2D coupled flood models to support end-users to do Climate adaptation decision-making and access Early Warning flood impacts results. The system facilitates the use of DHI’s models for non-modelers and experts alike.
An overview of the system’s facilities and application will be given including:
- Defining and running multiple scenarios in parallel on high performance cloud computers.
- Damage loss model
- Visualization of dynamic flood maps and damage cost maps.
- User-interface for mitigation measures – barriers and pumps
- Download to further work with the results in third party software.
- Automized upload of new MIKE Flood models via the web interface
- The system in Early Warning mode
- Easy setup of system for new regions
A few cases from the Danish territory will be given to illustrate the use of the system.
BLUE café is a new series of webinars hosted by DHI. It is an informal virtual space to share and discuss the results of our latest research and innovation projects.
Time: Nov 24, 2020 08:00 AM and 3:00PM in Universal Time UTC
Contact us to learn more about applied research at DHI and find out how to get involved as early adopters in our innovation work.